Tuesday, July 17, 2012

"Onion Colors" and Day One: Brown Portrait

"Onion Colors" work in progress, oil, 14"h x 11"w,
Quick post because I've got work to do still before tomorrow's portrait sittings.

"Onion Colors" is a start of these pretty personable onions purchased at the farmstand right near the Atelier. More to come ... before they rot.

The Brown Portrait: Day One
Carolyn and Lou Brown sat this afternoon for the first day of portrait planning. I sketched for two hours -- a pretty quick composite in charcoal to give me an idea of how to start the painting on canvas. Then did a portrait sketch in charcoal of first Lou's and then Carolyn's face only ... to get some time in studying their faces.

Lou told a couple of jokes ... one of which was hilarious. I think there will plenty more of those this week.

Tomorrow morning I'll start putting some paint on the canvas.

Take a look at my new web site at www.JillBanks.com -- with Fall classes listed, upcoming events, and sign up for my email newsletter. Today, I inadvertently deleted my AOL email contact main list for art events -- so if you were on my email list, you may not be now.

Exhibits and Events (Now look at this on the Events page at www.JillBanks.com)
July 7- August 31, Artists' Atelier, "Water, Water, Everywhere" group exhibit, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA.  Open Saturdays, noon - 4pm.

August, Visiting Resident Studio Artist, Torpedo Factory, 105 N. Union St., Alexandria, VA, Studio #333

 August 1-10, "Quiet" in Salmagundi Club's Annual Photography and Graphics Exhibition held at Denise Bibro Fine Art, Chelsea, NYC.

Sunday, October 14, MPA Artfest Outdoor Juried Arts Festival, McLean Central Park, McLean, VA

Saturday and Sunday, October 20&21, Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, 10am-5pm, visit artists in their studios throughout Great Falls on a self-guided tour. I’ll be at the Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA 22066

Web: www.jillbanks.com
 Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project

Email
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: