|Home Page of www.JillBanks.com|
I think if you go to www.JillBanks.com that you'll see my new web site. There's still much to do ... changes will be happening daily so keep checking back. You may need to refresh your screens as your computer likes to keep the old information and pages in its cache. Let me know if what you get ... doesn't look like this ...
I spent about an hour on the phone with technical support to get the domain name ready to transfer ... with a very, very patient Steve F. with my current hosting company. My ear hurts and he now has stories to tell his coworkers and family about the crazy artist who was very, very technically challenged. Those aren't enough verys.
- sign up for my email newsletter (one coming soon),
- take a look around at the paintings and drawings -- go to the Works page for various collections
- check out info on Fall classes that start September 10 and 11 and
- take a look at upcoming events.
What's coming soon:
- adding more images to the Works section in each collection
- more stories that go with the paintings. Those of you who have attended my exhibits know that I tell stories about most of my paintings in the exhibit on the wall tags. There are some on the site already. More to come.
- fixing the links page. That's a temporary storage facility for pages that I don't want to appear on my navigation bar. The links page will be a very good spot for connections to artists, art organizations and clubs, art supplies, other art blogs that might interest you.
What's coming later:
- bringing in the stories and more photos from my 100 Faces in 100 Days project from my blog posts from January 1 to April 10, 2011. That will take awhile... You can see all 100 alla prima portraits in the 100 Faces in 100 Days Collection on the Works page
- articles -- of course, I haven't written them yet ... but I'd like to add art career advice, painting and drawing tips, and articles on commissioning a portrait and building a collection. Etc. I'll also be publishing some of the articles that have appeared in the press about me ... (that should be easier)
- place to purchase my books -- note: plural. First, my "Close Up and Personal in Paint" book, available soon in hardcover or softcover and then before the year's out, my "100 Faces in 100 Days" book. I could also add a feature so that people could purchase paintings and drawings online ... but I'm not sure whether that would be all that useful. What do you think?
- we'll see ...
Exhibits and Events (Now look at this on the Events page at www.JillBanks.com)July 7- August 31, Artists' Atelier, "Water, Water, Everywhere" group exhibit, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA. Open Saturdays, noon - 4pm.
August, Visiting Resident Studio Artist, Torpedo Factory, 105 N. Union St., Alexandria, VA, Studio #333
August 1-10, "Quiet" in Salmagundi Club's Annual Photography and Graphics Exhibition held at Denise Bibro Fine Art, Chelsea, NYC.
Sunday, October 14, MPA Artfest Outdoor Juried Arts Festival, McLean Central Park, McLean, VA
Saturday and Sunday, October 20&21, Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, 10am-5pm, visit artists in their studios throughout Great Falls on a self-guided tour. I’ll be at the Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA 22066
100 Faces in 100 Days Project