Saturday, June 11, 2011

"Zeki" Painting from Open Life Today

"Zeki," oil on linen, 12"h x 9"w, © Jill Banks 2011
Very quick post because we head off to dinner in a few minutes.

Today was the last day of Saturday open life sessions at McLean Community Center ... until the Fall ... so I squeezed in a little under two hours for this one.

And here's a funny, little painting I did this afternoon during open hours at the Atelier. Terri Parent had her opening reception of "Under the Influence" -- her solo show of photography and digital images from this past year of adventures. She set up this table with iced tea and Perrier ... and this was my distant view of it from my easel.

Funny that I was looking back at the previous post about being more deliberate in finishing each painting. I should have added -- if time allows. I didn't have as long as I would have liked or needed on either of these. They are my quick, not studied impressions.

"The Reception," oil, 5"x5", copyright Jill Banks 2011
Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project: www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: