Friday, June 17, 2011

"London Times" Painting Continues Today...

"London Times" work in progress, 18"h x 24"w, oil on linen, ©Jill Banks 2011
This one ... which started out with the title "Rainy Early Evening in London" underwent a name change during today's painting session. You can read about the inspiration for "London Times" on my earlier post. I do transport myself back to places while painting them. I remember the wonderful meal we ate that night at the cafe table shielded ... just barely... by the awning from the rain. My husband Randy and I spent our entire (well, almost) time in London eating Italian fare. Happily.

This is still a work in progress. Lots left to think about and refine. Details to put in or take out.

Speaking of which ... I'm hungry. I need to head off to dinner and may post a new photo of my "Zoe" painting  (of Francie's horse) later.

I'm thinking that I will be at open hours tomorrow, Saturday, noon to 4pm at the Artists' Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA 22066. Stop in and see me. I just put a bin up there with drawings ... including most from London. They don't have their permanent mats (these things take time) and they're obviously not framed ... but still something fun to look through. Maybe you'll find something there that would be nice for a dad in your life. Who knows?

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project: www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: