I am literally up to my eyeballs in alligators ... If I manage to somehow get through all of the July&August obligations it will be cause for celebration, relief and maybe a weeklong nap. This is definitely not summer vacation.
My art stuff on the calendar:
- Thursday, July 1: hang my new show "Painting the Town" at the Old Brogue Irish Pub, 760 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA 22066. (Three of my paintings aren't dry, many need to be framed, I'm varnishing others, need to put together tags, a press release, brochure, finalize my web site preview page, still need to order new business cards.)
- First Friday at the Artists' Atelier, Opening Reception "Summer Landscapes", a group show of works by Artists' Atelier members. Friday, July 2, 7-9pm, 1144 Walker Road, Suites D&G, Great Falls, VA 22066
- Saturday, July 3: under a tent at the Great Falls Farmer's Market, parking lot at the Village Centre near the intersection of Walker Road and Georgetown Pike, Great Falls, 9am-1pm showing paintings and drawings that didn't go in my "Painting the Town" show.
- Friday, July 9, 6-8pm: Closing reception: Salmagundi Club's Annual Photography and Graphics Exhibition, NYC. Two of my drawings: "Sarah" and "The Nutcracker" are in that show.
- Saturday, July 17; Sunday, July 18; Monday, July 19: Teaching my "Painting (and Sketching) the Town" single-day workshops. See my web site: www.jillbanks.com, click on classes for more info.
- Friday, July 23: Closing reception: Salmagundi Club's Annual Painting and Sculpture Exhibition, NYC. "Rainy Day in NYC" was juried into that show -- my first time getting into this competitive exhibition.
- Sunday, July 25, 2-5pm reception for my "Painting the Town" show at the Old Brogue Irish Pub, 760 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA 22066.
I'll leave off the August events ... no point thinking about them now.
What I hope you'll do:
Sign up for classes/workshops.
Visit my show at the Brogue.
Come to the Farmer's Market this Saturday.
Come to a reception or two...
By the way, the artReston show -- where my painting "On High" won Best of Show -- closes in one week (July 6). Stop by to see it at the JoAnn Rose Gallery at the Lake Anne Reston Community Center, 1609-A Washington Plaza, Reston, VA.
Above: photos of my booth from the MPA artfest 2009. These were taken before the crowds showed up.