Saturday, June 19, 2010

"Fresh Produce" Finished? And Exhibit Schedule

Still that same old question mark. But, let's say ... I strongly believe that this is done.

My "model" for "Fresh Produce" was the produce seller at the Campo dei Fiori market in Rome, Italy ... where I went on an art historical trip (with side trips to markets and all around town) this past April.


Enjoy!


On Exhibit Now:
"On High", Best of Show winner at artReston held at the Lake Anne Reston Community Center in Lake Anne, Reston, VA, through July 6. (Also view "Nigerian Beauty" and "Sunflowers and Gladioli".)

"Black, White and Red All Over", paintings and drawings at the Market Cellars Wine Shop, attached to the Hyatt at Reston Town Center, Reston, VA. I just hung "Lemon Yellow" and "Young Woman" there ... with plans to change out the rest after my "Painting the Town" exhibit concludes July 31.

Plenty of art in the gallery spaces at my studio: 1144 Walker Road, Suites D&G, Great Falls, VA. Coming up in July: "Summer Landscapes". I'll have to think about that one.

En Route:
"The Nutcracker" and "Sarah" are fed-exing their way to the Salmagundi Club (47 Fifth Avenue) in NYC for the Annual Open Photography and Graphics Exhibition. The show runs Monday, June 28 through Friday, July 9.

Coming Up:
Salmagundi Club Non-Member Photography and Graphics Exhibition, June 28-July 9 ("The Nutcracker" and "Sarah" accepted, see above.)
Salmagundi Club Non-Member Painting and Sculpture Exhibition, July 12-July 23 ("Rainy Day in NYC" accepted)
"Painting the Town" solo exhibit at the Old Brogue Irish Pub, Great Falls, VA, July 1-31. Reception: Sunday, July 25, 2-5pm. See preview on my web site.
Great Falls Farmer's Market, Great Falls Village Centre, Saturday, July 3 ... visit me at the market and then see my new show at the Old Brogue ... right around the corner!

"Fresh Produce", 20"h x 16"w, oil on Senso linen, copyright Jill Banks 2010. This will definitely be part of my "Painting the Town" show.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: