Monday, February 20, 2012

Some Web Updates and 100 Large Jars

Nothing major ... but I feared big trouble with some new updates to my web site. Take a look at the revamped home page, still life and animal galleries ... from the gallery page. I hope everything's working. For a moment there, it said page not found for www.jillbanks.com. (That's bad.) And, another version didn't show the top menu bar on any of the pages. I finally figured it out and phew! What a relief.

With the help of an artist buddy of mine, Laura Nichols of Pig Pen Pottery, I found out about Daniel Johnston, a North Carolina potter who challenged himself to make 100 huge pots. Take a look at his web site: http://danieljohnstonpottery.com/large-jar-project/. Impressive! As one of my 100 Faces in 100 Days, Laura has been on the lookout for other artists who have challenged their skills with similar projects. Make 100 of anything and you are bound to get better. No matter what. I love those huge pots.

By the way, every day I eat on my set of dishes, with each plate, bowl and mug uniquely thrown and glazed by Laura. A daily treat.

Then if you have time left over, take a look back at my 100 Faces project through my blog posts and Web site. (See links to my Project Page 1 and Project Page 2, below.) It was my challenge from January 1 to April 10, 2011. Every day this year, I think back to last year and what it was like to be in the midst of such a massive project. This afternoon I took a nap. There was no napping allowed in 2011. At least the first half.

On Exhibit:
"Drama Queens" and "Classical Painting Atelier" are on view at the Artists' Atelier "Wet Paint!" February Exhibit, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA. Open Hours: Saturdays, noon-4pm or whenever an artist is in ... or by appointment. Contact info below.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 1 (faces 1-54): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 2 (faces 55-100): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project_2.html
Email

No comments: