Sunday, February 5, 2012

"Chickens!" Painting

"Chickens!", oil, 16"h x 20"w , ©Jill Banks 2012
I started this one yesterday and worked on it more this morning. Many of these characters will look familiar from "Barn Dance" -- one of my favorite paintings of 2011. This is from another visit to Kidwell Farm, part of Frying Pan Park. During this weekend's workshop we were working from photos ... and while I'd prefer to do anything but ... when painting something familiar, the photos blur and subjects come to life.

The real challenge for this painting will be how to frame it ... since it frames itself somewhat.

I'm waiting to decide whether I want to add the chicken wire to the front of the chicken coop. I kind of like a clear view into life as a chicken. Hmmm.

Tomorrow I turn up for the fourth day in a row at the classroom in Great Falls at 10am ... this time as the teacher. On Tuesday, it will be the fifth day in a row. Why not put in a cot?

On Exhibit:

"Drama Queens" and "Classical Painting Atelier" are on view at the Artists' Atelier "Wet Paint!" February Exhibit, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA. Open Hours: Saturdays, noon-4pm or whenever an artist is in ... or by appointment. Contact info below.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 1 (faces 1-54): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 2 (faces 55-100): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project_2.html
Email

3 comments:

Jerry Stocks said...

This is a great painting. Love the blended edges and the colors.

Dorry said...

Oh, I don't know about a cot...all those chickens and friends might keep you awake.

All kidding aside, I'm liking the great new painting of the feathered Kidwell Farm residents and look forward to seeing the painting up close and personal.

Jill Banks said...

Thanks, Jerry and Dorry! I'm thinking that this feathered residents are my best new buddies. I love being around them! Makes me feel very much like a kid.