Thursday, February 9, 2012

Reprisal: "A Dozen Roses"

"A Dozen Roses."oil on linen, 12"h x 9"w, ©Jill Banks 2010
In just a few minutes I'll be dashing off to start work on a new commission ... but since I haven't posted for two days I had to write something. This morning/afternoon I was volunteering at the Art League, hanging umpteen paintings for their Patron's Show Fundraiser on February 19. I wasn't great with the hammer, but I did it anyway ... and I was good at finding the right painting to fit a space. It was fun to be down there, but hard work (I'll be sore tomorrow) and I didn't have time to look around much.

Got to go ... but here is a painting in honor of Valentine's Day ahead. "A Dozen Roses" is available ...

On Exhibit:
"Drama Queens" and "Classical Painting Atelier" are on view at the Artists' Atelier "Wet Paint!" February Exhibit, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA. Open Hours: Saturdays, noon-4pm or whenever an artist is in ... or by appointment. Contact info below.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 1 (faces 1-54): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 2 (faces 55-100): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project_2.html
Email

No comments: