Monday, February 6, 2012

Rome Days: "Trevi Fountain" Work In Progress

"Trevi Fountain: work in progress, oil, 14"h x 11"w, ©Jill Banks 2012
It seems that my heart and head have been traveling back to Rome in the last few days. (Except I'm in Virginia.) The Trevi Fountain is one of the first spots Randy and I visited during our 2010 trip to Rome ... and it was difficult to get much of a view ... with its pile-up of people who obviously wanted to do the same thing there. I sketched (not too well) sitting around the fountain. It always takes me a few tries to warm up to sketching during travel days since I paint almost all the time I spend at home. (The switch between mediums is difficult.) It doesn't matter, though. It's not about the results as much as taking the time to get to know a place. To experience it.

Patrons' Show at the Art League
"Open Life," oil, 20"h x 16"w, ©Jill Banks 2010
The Patrons' Show, the Art League's major fundraiser for the year is coming up ... and I donated "Open Life" for the Luck of the Draw event. On Thursday, I'll (hopefully) help hang some of the show. I say hopefully because I can't just point and say where I'd like a piece to hang. I think they expect their volunteers to possess some measuring and hammering skills. Check the Art League's web site for more information about this blockbuster event.

On Exhibit:

"Drama Queens" and "Classical Painting Atelier" are on view at the Artists' Atelier "Wet Paint!" February Exhibit, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA. Open Hours: Saturdays, noon-4pm or whenever an artist is in ... or by appointment. Contact info below.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 1 (faces 1-54): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 2 (faces 55-100): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project_2.html
Email

No comments: