Sunday, February 19, 2012

"Chickens!" Painting Finished

"Chickens!," oil on Raymar panel, 16"h x 20"w, ©Jill Banks 2012
I figured the title of my post would make husband Randy happy. With so many unfinished paintings, those with the stamp of approval as finished are a relief to both of us.

The subjects of "Chickens!" are one of the roosters and many of the hens from Kidwell Farm in Herndon, VA. Group dynamics is the hen house are really fun to watch. All the characters are moving -- constantly -- and they pay attention to each other while pretending not to notice. My goal was to capture their movement and relationships.

The earlier version of "Chickens!"
The changes aren't that drastic from the last time I showed this to you -- but it did take me another eight hours of work to get to this spot.

See more of my Feathered and Furry Friends Series on my web site: www.JillBanks.com.

So, this is what I was up to yesterday.

Today, I was drawing the main compositional sketch for a portrait commission. Time to show it to the client.

On Exhibit:
"Drama Queens" and "Classical Painting Atelier" are on view at the Artists' Atelier "Wet Paint!" February Exhibit, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA. Open Hours: Saturdays, noon-4pm or whenever an artist is in ... or by appointment. Contact info below.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 1 (faces 1-54): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 2 (faces 55-100): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project_2.html
Email

No comments: