Friday, February 17, 2012

Out for a Walk

"Dining Alfresco," 24"h x 20"w, oil
After working on sketches for a portrait commission all morning today ... and lots of work yesterday ... I needed a break. Unless I'm painting, I go a bit nuts.

So, Randy and I went for a good long walk. It helped. Different muscles employed. Different view.

And, since I wasn't painting to create anything new for you to see ... Why not put up some of my paintings depicting people out for a walk? Here are a few of my "strollers."

Momentarily, we're going out to the movies ... to see "The Artist." Doing something different twice in one day.


"London Times," 18"h x 24"w, ©Jill Banks 2011
"A New York State of Mind," 40"h x 30"w, ©Jill Banks 2011, private collection
"Caffe Bar," 20"h x 16"w, ©Jill Banks 2010
On Exhibit:
"Drama Queens" and "Classical Painting Atelier" are on view at the Artists' Atelier "Wet Paint!" February Exhibit, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA. Open Hours: Saturdays, noon-4pm or whenever an artist is in ... or by appointment. Contact info below.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 1 (faces 1-54): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 2 (faces 55-100): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project_2.html
Email

No comments: