Friday, December 9, 2011

Setting Up for the Holiday Show and Sale

Part of what you'll see from me at the Holiday Art Show & Sale, December 10&11
Today I spent setting up for this weekend's Holiday Show & Sale. Saturday and Sunday, December 10&11, 10am-5pm ... I'll be at the Great Falls Studios Holiday Show and Sale at the Village Green Day School, 790 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA.

Randy and I were at the School tonight ... setting up along with my Great Falls Studios art buddies. Show neighbor, photographer Dean Souleles commented that my display was "dense." And other neighbor, Val Mahon said I was prolific. I may thin it out a bit tomorrow morning before the doors open. But you'll see recent still lifes, paintings from my Feather and Furry Friends series, and the Beanie Baby Series. I do almost all my Christmas shopping at this event each year. Art makes a very welcome gift.

News and photos from this week's Open House coming soon. Go to my blog for the latest post.

Exhibits and Events
Holiday Art Show & Sale, December 10&11, 10am-5pm, Village Green Day School, 790 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA
This isn't a great view ... but here's more you can see more easily this weekend.

Richeson 75 Animals, Birds and Wildlife Online Exhibition, November 7- December 15, 2011. "Pretty Girl Hen" was selected as one of 75 finalists viewable online at www.richeson75.com/wildlife/index.html and in a full-color catalog.
Read about my 100 Faces in 100 Days project on my web site (www.jillbanks.com), go to the 100 Faces Project Pages 1 and 2 where you can see all 100 of my volunteers. Click on the paintings, and go to my blog post for that person's sitting.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 1 (faces 1-54): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 2 (faces 55-100): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project_2.html
Email

No comments: