Saturday, December 10, 2011

Great Day at the Holiday Art Show and Sale

My "booth" at the Holiday Art Show & Sale today
Today was a really great day.

It is my birthday. I spent it hanging out around my "booth" at the Great Falls Studios Holiday Art Show and Sale ... talking with a steady flow of visitors about art. This is a regular event with friendly, familiar faces -- artists and visitors alike. Many came by who had attended last Tuesday's Open House to tell me how much they loved seeing all my work in the home setting.




"Cat's Meow"
I thought that many people left Tuesday night with visions of a particular painting. That was true ... and today five paintings and one drawing were packaged up and taken home by my Tuesday visitors. Gone to new homes are:
"Pretty Girl Hen"
"Cat's Meow"
"Kiwi"
"Dragon Breath"
"Ostrich and Polka Dots"
"Tower Bridge"

"Kiwi"
I made a new discovery today. For the Open House, I felt bad that I didn't have more time to spend with each guest. I talked to one couple today who had come to the party -- and mentioned I'd wished we had a chance to visit. They loved that they had the opportunity to wander through the house looking at and shopping for art. They liked being on their own. Aha! I never thought about it that way! (That's the way I like to browse/shop for most things -- at my own pace, without assistance.) And, now I can see it -- everyone criss-crossing on the stairs with their master list in their hands, figuring out their favorites, with smiles on their faces.

Tomorrow (Sunday, December 11) I'll be back at the Holiday Art Show and Sale from 10am-5pm at the Village Green Day School, 790 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA. I hope you have a chance to stop in!


Exhibits and Events
Holiday Art Show & Sale, December 10&11, 10am-5pm, Village Green Day School, 790 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA
 
 
"Tower Bridge" ink wash and pen&ink
Richeson 75 Animals, Birds and Wildlife Online Exhibition, November 7- December 15, 2011. "Pretty Girl Hen" was selected as one of 75 finalists viewable online at www.richeson75.com/wildlife/index.html and in a full-color catalog.

To read more about the 100 Faces in 100 Days project on my web site (www.jillbanks.com), go to the 100 Faces Project Pages 1 and 2 where you can see all 100 of my volunteers. Click on the paintings, and go to my blog post for that person's sitting.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 1 (faces 1-54): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 2 (faces 55-100): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project_2.html
Email

1 comment:

Christine said...

Happy Birthday! Congratulations to the new owners. I love all of those pieces. I'm really happy I made it to the open house and had the opportunity to see them in person.