Wednesday, December 21, 2011

"The Poker Club" Continued

The Poker Club work in progress, oil on linen, 30"h x 40"w, ©Jill Banks 2011
Today's painting project of choice was a return to The Poker Club albeit without my Dad's poker buddies present. Yesterday's trip to the Phillips Collection inspired me to pick it back up ... with William Merritt Chase's Hide and Seek in my head. Duncan Phillips referred to his museum as an experiment, wanting the works to build a conversation with visitors and each other. Art does that. One spark leads to another.

The Poker Club is also a prototype of sorts for the work I want to do in 2012. The end of the year is time for reflection. Time for plans. My best way to figure it all is transition through paint. Look soon for a few treatises here. I blog plan.

This painting was on view in my house during the Home Studio Open House ... at the urging of my Dad's poker club clan. With so much left to do, revealing an undone canvas is nerve-wracking. Canvases take so many twists and turns in creation that I don't want anyone to get too attached in progress. I want to keep my own vision in my head ... unaccompanied.

Read more about the painting in progress in an earlier post.
 
Current Exhibitions
Mainly ... my home is filled with lots of art from my December Home Studio Open House. Want a tour?





Sign up for Winter classes. Now, my Still Life class is full (but you could join a wait list) and the Portrait class has one spot left. See my web site: www.JillBanks.com, click on the classes page.


Richeson 75 Animals, Birds and Wildlife Online Exhibition, November 7- December 15, 2011. "Pretty Girl Hen" was selected as one of 75 finalists viewable online at www.richeson75.com/wildlife/index.html and in a full-color catalog.

To read more about the 100 Faces in 100 Days project on my web site (www.jillbanks.com), go to the 100 Faces Project Pages 1 and 2 where you can see all 100 of my volunteers. Click on the paintings, and go to my blog post for that person's sitting.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 1 (faces 1-54): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 2 (faces 55-100): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project_2.html
Email

No comments: