Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Finishing Paintings

"Eggplant, Tomatoes and Figs," oil on Raymar panel, 8"h x 16"w, ©Jill Banks 2011
Just quickly ... today I'm working on finishing stuff. (Like signing paintings, touching up work, ordering frames, odds and ends.)

"Eggplant, Tomatoes and Figs" was one of the paintings that needed touching up. All done. (I had it leaning unframed above the door frame in my house, and it's a piece that keeps catching my eye. Those simple shapes are mesmerizing.

I'm going to work more on "Turkey Soup" but the light has been so different in the kitchen ... that the time never seems to be right. I have a plan for that piece ... just need some cooperation from the sky. I'm even going to put the soup back on the stove to boil ... to paint the steam.

Exhibits and Events
Richeson 75 Animals, Birds and Wildlife Online Exhibition, November 7- December 15, 2011. "Pretty Girl Hen" was selected as one of 75 finalists viewable online at www.richeson75.com/wildlife/index.html and in a full-color catalog.
Great Falls Studios Holiday Show and Sale, December 10 & 11, 10am-5pm at the Village Green Day School, Walker Road, Great Falls, VA

The Art League "Small Works" Exhibit, 105 N. Union Street, Alexandria, VA. "Kiwi" and "Ostrich and Polka Dots" are on view November 9-December 5. Both of them won Honorable Mentions this month!

To read more about the 100 Faces in 100 Days project on my web site (www.jillbanks.com), go to the 100 Faces Project Pages 1 and 2 where you can see all 100 of my volunteers. Click on the paintings, and go to my blog post for that person's sitting.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 1 (faces 1-54): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 2 (faces 55-100): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project_2.html
Email

No comments: