Friday, December 16, 2011

"Moo" and More... and Phew!

Yesterday's Purchase: "Moo"
Three paintings left the house yesterday and today ... going off with smiling new owners.

Yesterday, "Moo" was purchased within a few minutes of one of our Home Studio Open House guest's entrance. I'd been figuring that "Moo" wasn't going to stick around in my house very long. I love that cow. He was one of my Feathered and Furry Friend series paintings ... of which I now have one. There will be more ... as soon as I can set up my easel on a farm or zoo ... somewhere.

Today, Chicago collectors visited and will be flying home with "Yellow Onions" and "Orange Chunks." They had purchased "Arance, Oranges" during a visit to the Art League Gallery last year. Today's visit to view the art all around my house was the second year in a row. It's a treat for all of us!

Today's Purchase: "Yellow Onions"
I've really enjoyed talking to everyone attending the home shows, the holiday show and here for private tours. Each purchaser has carefully chosen the pieces just right for them. My home shows are an opportunity for guests to get a good view of all aspects of my work. The house is literally covered with work -- drawings and paintings -- on three floors. There is a lot to choose from -- and I love watching visitors mark the list with works to consider.




Now there are, I think, 14 pieces fewer.

More Good News
I've been working for a number of days finishing up a portrait for Christmas delivery. I worked two really long days only to "erase" everything I'd done that night or the next morning. Every day I worked on it, I was trying to make that the day I finished. Today, I did.

Today's Purchase: "Orange Chunks"
It's been awhile since I fought that big a battle with a painting. My strategy for the day was to change venues (different studio), spend more time getting ready (nice piles of paint, neater palette, figuring out what really needed to be done), and approaching it like this was the first day of working on it. (Memory erasure/attitude change.)

Phew!

Tomorrow I'm thinking Christmas.

Current Exhibitions

Richeson 75 Animals, Birds and Wildlife Online Exhibition, November 7- December 15, 2011. "Pretty Girl Hen" was selected as one of 75 finalists viewable online at www.richeson75.com/wildlife/index.html and in a full-color catalog.

To read more about the 100 Faces in 100 Days project on my web site (www.jillbanks.com), go to the 100 Faces Project Pages 1 and 2 where you can see all 100 of my volunteers. Click on the paintings, and go to my blog post for that person's sitting.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 1 (faces 1-54): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 2 (faces 55-100): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project_2.html
Email

No comments: