Thursday, December 29, 2011

"The Gin Game" Painting of Mom & Dad: Day 4

"The Gin Game" work in progress day #4, oil, 30"h x 40"w, ©Jill Banks 2011
The artist (me) and my mom & dad continued playing and painting ... right up to the wire. It's time to put down the brushes at least until 2012. My cousin's son is getting married on New Year's Eve so it's to the wedding we go.

I may be back again tomorrow with New Year's resolutions and a look back to a pretty extraordinary 2011.

We shall see.

Have a Safe and Happy New Year!

Thanks so much for your support and encouragement in 2011 ... and for viewing my art! I'm grateful!

Jill Banks

Current Exhibitions
Mainly ... my home is filled with lots of art from my December Home Studio Open House. Want a tour? (Ends January 2.)

Sign up for Winter classes. Now, my Still Life class is full (but you could join a wait list) and the Portrait class has one spot left. See my web site: www.JillBanks.com, click on the classes page.


Richeson 75 Animals, Birds and Wildlife Online Exhibition, November 7- December 15, 2011. "Pretty Girl Hen" was selected as one of 75 finalists viewable online at www.richeson75.com/wildlife/index.html and in a full-color catalog.

To read more about the 100 Faces in 100 Days project on my web site (www.jillbanks.com), go to the 100 Faces Project Pages 1 and 2 where you can see all 100 of my volunteers. Click on the paintings, and go to my blog post for that person's sitting.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 1 (faces 1-54): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 2 (faces 55-100): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project_2.html
Email

No comments: