Monday, December 12, 2011

Another Painting of Lemons and "Barn Dance"

"Barn Dance" found a new owner.
Sunday at the Holiday Art Show and Sale, "Barn Dance" got a new owner. There's a bit of a twang for me and I imagine, quite a lot of collectors out there. There is something intriguing about that painting and I hear the ruckus in the barn just looking at it.

Just one more reason to bring my easel out to the farm as soon as I can.

Today, I had a short time to paint ... so chose a small new one: "Lemon Spiral." I didn't cut the perfect peel, but hopefully you get the picture. With so many of the Beanie Baby Series gone, I wanted a few more little ones to fill in the "holes in my cupboard." "Lemon Spiral" is a good partner to "Orange Chunks." It's not the greatest photo ... Sorry about that!

Current Exhibitions
Richeson 75 Animals, Birds and Wildlife Online Exhibition, November 7- December 15, 2011. "Pretty Girl Hen" was selected as one of 75 finalists viewable online at www.richeson75.com/wildlife/index.html and in a full-color catalog.

To read more about the 100 Faces in 100 Days project on my web site (www.jillbanks.com), go to the 100 Faces Project Pages 1 and 2 where you can see all 100 of my volunteers. Click on the paintings, and go to my blog post for that person's sitting.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 1 (faces 1-54): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 2 (faces 55-100): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project_2.html
Email
"Lemon Spiral," 6"x6", oil on panel, copyright Jill Banks 2011

No comments: