Tuesday, October 4, 2011

"Merry Go Round" Finished!

"Merry Go Round," 30"h x 30"w, oil on linen, ©Jill Banks 2011
I'm still in the studio ... and have to leave for home ... but wanted you to see this. "Merry Go Round" is finished. Just in time, too. Fruit flies have invaded the area. The produce guy at the Safeway where I bought a rotting nectarine's replacement told me that those were the last of those I was going to see for awhile. And, it's time to prepare my space for the Great Falls Studio Tour ... which means moving out my models. Lots of signs and incentives.

I love this painting.

Drawing Accepted into Art League Show
"Oscar," charcoal, ©Jill Banks 2009
On Monday night, Randy and I brought two pieces to the Art League (in Alexandria) for this month's juried show. "Oscar," a charcoal drawing, is in the October exhibit which runs through November 7 in the Art League Gallery in the Torpedo Factory at 105 N. Union St., Alexandria, VA. "Cubanelle and Roses" is in the Bin Gallery for the month as well.

"Oscar" was juried into the Salmagundi Club's Annual Graphics and Photography Exhibit in 2009. The drawing was done during a modeling session held at the Artists' Atelier (my studio) and I was inspired. Live sittings do that to you. This drawing is very painterly, fresh and quick. That's who I was that day -- a painter with a stick of charcoal in my hand.


UPCOMING EVENTS
Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, Oct. 15&16, 10am-5pm
Artists‘ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA

Out & About Norfolk Plein Air Painting Event, October 20-22 

ON EXHIBIT
National Arts Club, 15 Gramercy Park South, NYC, October 4-28
"Cubanelle and Roses," oil, 10"h x 8"w, ©Jill Banks 2011

 The Art League's October All-Media Membership Exhibit,  105 N. Union St., Alexandria, VA. My charcoal drawing of "Oscar" was juried in and will be on view through November 7. "Cubanelle and Roses" is in the Bin Gallery.

Salmagundi Club, 47 Fifth Avenue, NYC, Nov. 1-11
To read more about the 100 Faces in 100 Days project on my web site (www.jillbanks.com), go to the 100 Faces Project Pages 1 and 2 where you can see all 100 of my volunteers. Click on the paintings, and go to my blog post for that person's sitting.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 1 (faces 1-54): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 2 (faces 55-100): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project_2.html
Email
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: