Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Power Went Out

My Area of the Studio a Few Days Ago ... More's Been Added Since
I'd show you an updated version of the Artists' Atelier, a day and a half away from the Great Falls Studio Tour, but the power went out. We are yet under another deluge of rain. A tornado warning. Etc.

What I really wanted to show you was how Randy hung my nine Beanie Baby paintings together. They look great en masse and are now filling up the window space. Maybe a photo tomorrow?

For Studio Tour, there are 48 artists participating in 29 locations throughout Great Falls, VA. It's free. It's fun.

I don't mean this wrong ... but people buy art on the Tour. Not coming, means that piece you love, may not be there at the next event. (I only offer originals. One piece, one owner.)

The Studio Tour is the event that inspires the budding artist within. Those 48 artists are demonstrating their process, talking about their inspiration and encouraging others. I can't tell you how many people I've talked to that remind me of how a conversation I had with them at this event -- made them return to creating art. People who profess to not be artists find out a creative outlet, and art-making can be something for them, too. It's truly an amazing experience not to be missed ... for people of all ages.

Start your tour at the Artists' Atelier at 1144 Walker Road, Suites D&G, in Great Falls, VA. The Tour is Saturday and Sunday, October 15&16, 10am-5pm. We'll have refreshments ready although last year's crowds consumed every crumb we could muster.  I'll be in my corner waiting to see you. We'll have brochures with maps to plan the rest of your weekend.  Be a tour-goer! See you soon.

UPCOMING EVENTS
Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, Oct. 15&16, 10am-5pm
Artists‘ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA

Out & About Norfolk Plein Air Painting Event, October 20-22 

ON EXHIBIT
National Arts Club, 15 Gramercy Park South, NYC, October 4-28
"Cubanelle and Roses," oil, 10"h x 8"w, ©Jill Banks 2011

The Art League's October All-Media Membership Exhibit,  105 N. Union St., Alexandria, VA. My charcoal drawing of "Oscar" was juried in and will be on view through November 7. "Cubanelle and Roses" is in the Bin Gallery.

Salmagundi Club, 47 Fifth Avenue, NYC, Nov. 1-11
To read more about the 100 Faces in 100 Days project on my web site (www.jillbanks.com), go to the 100 Faces Project Pages 1 and 2 where you can see all 100 of my volunteers. Click on the paintings, and go to my blog post for that person's sitting.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 1 (faces 1-54): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 2 (faces 55-100): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project_2.html
Email

No comments: