Sunday, October 2, 2011

MPA Artfest Was Wet, Cold, Tiring ... And Great!

"Little Miss Muffet's" moved to a new home
I HAVE to keep this post short. I can barely keep my eyes open and I believe every part of me aches. It was cold and rained a good bit in the afternoon ... but we were able to travel dry to and from the tent this morning and evening, so thank goodness for that.

All I kept thinking, post Artfest, was how I'd like to leave the dishes in the sink. As in, if I had a different husband (I'm very glad I don't), I wouldn't have delivered paintings to the third floor to the Artists' Atelier. I wouldn't clean out his car. I wouldn't refold the screen covers and put them in the box downstairs (at home) where they belong. I'd just shutdown. Curl up on the couch. Vegetate. (Even with his diligence, getting ready for any show turns my entire house upside down. Don't come visit me at home any time soon.)

"Morning At Starbuck's" went to a good new home, too.
I hope to get back to (after some rest and not tonight) what made this such a great show. Happy purchasers did go home with two of my paintings -- and those were two of the highlights. But there were many more. So, if I forget, remind me.

Thank you to everyone who visited my booth today. In case you couldn't tell, it means a lot to me that you took the time to talk with me and appreciated my work.


UPCOMING EVENTS
Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, Oct. 15&16, 10am-5pm
Artists‘ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA

Out & About Norfolk Plein Air Painting Event, October 20-22 

ON EXHIBIT
National Arts Club, 15 Gramercy Park South, NYC, October 4-28

Salmagundi Club, 47 Fifth Avenue, NYC, Nov. 1-11
To read more about the 100 Faces in 100 Days project on my web site (www.jillbanks.com), go to the 100 Faces Project Pages 1 and 2 where you can see all 100 of my volunteers. Click on the paintings, and go to my blog post for that person's sitting.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 1 (faces 1-54): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 2 (faces 55-100): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project_2.html
Email
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: