Monday, October 10, 2011

Another Cupcake Painting: "Sprinkles and Dots Cupcake"

"Sprinkles and Dots Cupcake," oil, 5"h x 5"w, ©Jill Banks 2011

I just finished "Sprinkles and Dots Cupcake" when the frosting and top turned into a mudslide. Pretty amusing to look up and discover a new shape. It would make a pretty good painting now, too.

I taught portrait class today ... with the first of three sessions with Livia. I shouldn't have told the class they have three days to work on it. It makes them worry more ... and slow waaaaay down. Their beginning sketches are looking good but if I'd kept quiet, I bet there would have been lots more paint on those canvases in all the right places.

My studio has been buzzing for at least a week with everyone preparing for Studio Tour next weekend. (Go to the Great Falls Studios web site to download/print a brochure and to register to win Art Bucks coupons to use on the tour.) Lots of framing and wiring and label making and putting up new art everywhere. Makes me think I should be working on all those things myself. I'm always looking for that elf that will take care of it all for me. Where'd that guy go?

It's time to check the fridge and see just how grotesque last week's still life objects are ... what needs to be replaced for class tomorrow. And then time to go home.


UPCOMING EVENTS
Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, Oct. 15&16, 10am-5pm
Artists‘ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA

Out & About Norfolk Plein Air Painting Event, October 20-22 

ON EXHIBIT
National Arts Club, 15 Gramercy Park South, NYC, October 4-28
"Cubanelle and Roses," oil, 10"h x 8"w, ©Jill Banks 2011

The Art League's October All-Media Membership Exhibit,  105 N. Union St., Alexandria, VA. My charcoal drawing of "Oscar" was juried in and will be on view through November 7. "Cubanelle and Roses" is in the Bin Gallery.

Salmagundi Club, 47 Fifth Avenue, NYC, Nov. 1-11
To read more about the 100 Faces in 100 Days project on my web site (www.jillbanks.com), go to the 100 Faces Project Pages 1 and 2 where you can see all 100 of my volunteers. Click on the paintings, and go to my blog post for that person's sitting.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 1 (faces 1-54): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 2 (faces 55-100): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project_2.html
Email
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: