Friday, November 12, 2010

Still Life Painting and Portrait Painting and Drawing Classes

I just put up info on my Winter 2011 classes taught through the Great Falls School of Art on my web site: www.JillBanks.com. There's info on registration and a form there ... plus a newly revised supply list. Any questions, send me an email at jillbanks1@aol.com or contact Terri Parent, registrar for the school at parent.terri@gmail.com.

Come learn and create with me. Don't wait to sign up. Classes will fill. I'm not going to hold class in a snowstorm ... so don't worry about winter weather or travel.

I may add a workshop a bit later ... just trying to reserve time to enjoy getting ready for my son Sam's upcoming wedding (February) to his bride-to-be Michelle.

Some basic info:


Portrait Painting & Drawing – Jill Banks

This course covers the basic elements of painting and drawing the portrait: composition, mood, gesture, form, structure and features. Emphasis is placed on creating sound and compelling paintings (or drawings) as well as achieving a likeness. For real beginners (new to oil painting or with limited drawing experience), I suggest taking my still life painting class for a few sessions before taking this class.

Mondays, Jan. 10-Mar. 21 (No class Feb. 21), 10:00am-1:00pm  $300 plus model fee (model fee to be paid directly to the instructor)
Registration Form is on my web site and at www.GreatFallsFoundationForArts.org



Still Life Painting in Oils – Jill Banks

Still life provides a great tool to hone skills. Students of all levels welcome.  Beginners will learn the fundamentals including laying in lights/darks (grisaille), color, materials and form.  More advanced students will apply skills to increasingly complex subject matter (metals, textures, water, flowers), refine color and produce finished paintings, learn to see as artists, simplify forms into abstract shapes and how to construct compositions.  My supply list is on my web site, click on classes.

Tuesdays, Jan. 11-Mar. 22 (No class Feb. 22), 10:00am-1:00pm
$300 plus materials fee (materials fee paid directly to instructor)
Registration Form is on my web site and at www.GreatFallsFoundationForArts.org

"Robert", oil on linen, 20"h x 16"w, copyright Jill Banks, sold.
"All Dolled Up with Nowhere To Go", oil on linen, 16"h x 20"w, copyright Jill Banks 2010.


Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: