Thursday, November 18, 2010

"Dragon Breath" Painting Today

I painted this guy practicing for tomorrow night's demo (at the Great Falls Foundation for the Arts "Art Night Out!" fundraiser at Riverbend Country Club in Great Falls, VA). I've been known to decorate with beanie babies ... and love this plush dragon. So up he popped onto the sculpture stand that doubles as a laptop holder and still life setup stand.

This probably took too long to actually be the subject of tomorrow night's demo. In any case my dragon will be in a different position. Maybe a profile portrait?

Or perhaps I'll paint some of the dozen doughnuts Randy and I bought (for potential painting subjects) tonight. They're gorgeous!

Some suspense.

"Dragon Breath," 6"h x 6"w, oil on gessoboard, copyright Jill Banks 2010.

Don't miss my earlier post from today about winning Third Place in Vienna's (VA) Treasury of Art Show and Sale.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: