Thursday, November 4, 2010

"Boats in Burano" Stage 2

I only had a little bit of painting time today. Again. Almost all the rest of my time was taken up with art-related stuff (like picking up the painting that didn't get in at the Art League, rephotographing some pieces, a couple of visitors, attending a great talk by an art collector) -- but I still want a paintbrush in my hand for an extended period of time. Tomorrow.

I was bumping up the contrast and working on the reflections. Starting to suggest some people. Redrawing a little.

I swear it takes me three hours just to warm up. So here's "Boats in Burano", day 2 ... just getting warmed up.

While I picked up my painting at the Art League (105 North Union St., Alexandria, VA at the Torpedo Factory), I had a chance to look at the show. My "Arance, Oranges" is VERY hard to miss behind the reception desk. "Corner Seat" will take more of a search.

I love fellow artist Mary Deleyannis' painting of a lion in the Small Works show. It already sold, too. There are a lot of gems great for unique holiday gift giving. Just a thought.

By the way, we aren't open tonight for First Friday at the Artists' Atelier (my studio at 1144 Walker Road, Suites D&G, Great Falls, VA 22066.) Catch us for open hours Saturdays, noon-4pm or by appointment or whenever someone's in working away.

"Boats in Burano" work in progress part 2, oil on Senso linen, 8"h x 10"w, copyright Jill Banks 2010.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: