Saturday, November 27, 2010

"New York State of Mind" Painting Continued and More Donuts

"New York State of Mind" work in progress, 40"h x 30"w, oil on linen, copyright Jill Banks 2010
Pictures first. I'll type more later if I have a chance.

First up ... "New York State of Mind", another rainy day in New York City painting was up on my easel today after an extended break. I made some progress.

Next, a quick painting of some really vibrant donuts. I painted them with the lid closed ... thus the shadow at the top and part of the pink lid showing at the bottom.

"Half Dozen Donuts", oil on linen, 14"h x 11"w, copyright Jill Banks 2010    

 Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. I was, personally turkey-challenged. But, I don't think that's what the holiday is all about, do you? We had a great visit with family from in and out of town and then went yesterday to a wonderful wedding shower for Michelle (our soon-to-be daughter-in-law) in Richmond ... held by her cousin and sister. 

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: