Wednesday, November 17, 2010

"Not Picasso" Painting Finished

Well, it doesn't have my signature yet ... but the Chinese porcelain statue is back at home from the studio and I'm pretty pleased with the painting as a whole.

I thought of some alternative names for this. Lots of Oriental pieces and then the bold "Picasso" book. It's named "Not Picasso" because I'm pretty sure this isn't the approach Pablo would have taken to the same subject material.

I get a kick out of the fact that my statue leans and looks sort of relaxed. (The real statue doesn't.) Perhaps he's come to life ... like the Velveteen Rabbit ... and is taking a bit of a break from statue duty. I do have an active imagination.


This is the painting I started as a demo during studio tour that also doubled as one of the setups for my still life class. (You can sign up now for my Winter classes that start mid-January. See my web site for class listings, registration form, supply list, etc. for my portrait and still life classes.) Since my classes are over for the Fall, yesterday seemed the right time to finish up. I was happy as a clam.

Happy Birthday, Dad!!!

"Not Picasso", oil on linen, 24"h x 18"w, copyright Jill Banks 2010.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: