Tuesday, September 1, 2009

"An Apple Arrangement" Continues and First Friday at the Atelier



First Friday is this Friday, September 4, 7-9pm at the Artists' Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suites D & G, Great Falls, VA. We're hanging a new show tomorrow "Back to School" in the upstairs and downstairs gallery. Downstairs, in Suite D, is a faculty show (I'm one of the faculty) of teachers' work at the Great Falls School of Art. Upstairs in the GFFFTA gallery, we'll be hanging students work. Plus, many of my fellow studiomates hang a whole new array of work in our individual galleries.

Having just gotten back unsold work from my solo show "On the Bright Side" and ArtSpace Herndon's "Still Life Poetry" exhibit plus "Lemon Yellow" from the Old Brogue "Food" exhibit, I have plenty to choose from for my walls. They should be beautiful! Come see.

Today I worked on "An Apple Arrangement" and visited one of my portrait commission clients to get approval on my sketch and decide on a size for the painting. I had fun painting and I had fun showing the sketch. Life is good. I'm really looking forward to getting started on the commission ... it's ridiculously interesting, great family, just what I like to paint.

"An Apple Arrangement" is going well, too. The apples are fading a bit (in real life) so it's time to wrap this one up. I'll paint on it again tomorrow -- around the show installation. I love paint. It's properties are amazing and it was showing off a bit on some of the apples. It can glow and mimic just about any surface.



I know my photos aren't the best -- I was a bit lazy taking them so you get all the glare from the wet, thick paint -- but I figured I had to at least let you peek.

"An Apple Arrangement" work in progress, 24"h x 30"w, oil on Senso linen, copyright Jill Banks 2009. Plus, a close-up of the pitcher.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: