Saturday, September 5, 2009

Food and Wine Paintings and First Friday Recap




I could kick myself (that wouldn't be easy) for not taking photos at last night's First Friday opening at the Artists' Atelier (the studio and gallery space that I share with 15 other artists at 1144 Walker Road, Suites D&G in Great Falls). Despite my predictions, we had a fantastic crowd ... who appeared to be having a fantastic time. Lots of enthusiastic art lookers and conversations. Michela Mansuino and I were hosting the event and many of the Atelier artists were out of town ... so we were very busy. My legs are sore from going up and down the stairs.

The next First Friday will be on Friday, October 2, 7-9pm. Two days later, I'll be participating in the MPA Artfest ... so I'll fix up my studio gallery for First Friday and then mess it up for a day ... and then fix it up again before the Great Falls Studio Tour 2009 on October 17&18. We will hang a new show in October that will feature the Atelier artists who are participating in the Studio Tour. The gallery is always different -- and we keep creating -- so keep coming to visit.

Anyway, the show "Back to School" with a faculty show downstairs in Suite D and student show upstairs in Suite G is up for the remainder of this month. Make sure you check it out. My Fall session class "Oil Painting from Life" starts this coming Tuesday (September 8) and runs for nine weeks. There's still room in the class, but contact me at 703.403.7435 or email at jillbanks1@aol.com if you're interested in signing up. Get more info on my web site: www.jillbanks.com -- see classes.

Since being in charge of the party last night ... and because food and wine has been combined frequently in my paintings, I decided to spotlight a few of those paintings on today's post. Contact me if you are interested in getting more information on any of them.



My food and wine paintings, from top to bottom are:
"After Grace", 24"h x 18"w, oil on Senso linen, copyright Jill Banks 2009.
"The Toast", 40"h x 30"w, oil on linen, copyright Jill Banks 2007.
"Sunflowers II", 30"h x 30"w, oil on linen, copyright Jill Banks 2008.
"The Celebration", (a painting of L'Auberge Chez Francois), 12"h x 9"w, copyright Jill Banks 2009.
"Corner Couple", 24"h x 18"w, oil on board, copyright Jill Banks 2007.
"Food and Wine", (a market in Burano, Italy) 24"h x 36"w, oil on Senso linen, copyright Jill Banks 2009.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435


No comments: