Saturday, September 26, 2009

Watercolor Wash Figure Painting Today


Finally ... a new blog post. Today, I worked on "Michelle I" a bit during open hours (it's looking good) and then went to the McLean Community Center for an open studio session late this afternoon. "Waiting" is the result. This is a watercolor wash done using burnt sienna artist's watercolor on Fabriano Artistico 140 lb. hot press paper. See more of my drawings on this blog (keep viewing older posts) or my web site. I had gone to an open studio session last week (I'll post those results later) after a pretty extended break from live sessions. I miss painting people from life. If I miss something, I make sure I correct the problem. I'll catch all of these open life sessions I can, plus take part in planned modeling sessions at the Atelier that start in two weeks. So, I'll have at least two days a week working from live models. Yea!

I have been working despite not blogging. A portrait commission is in progress that is earning rave reviews. I'm enjoying it even though each portrait, and this one is no exception, comes loaded with challenges. I truly love "capturing" people. That's why I've returned to "Michelle I"; why I went to the open life session; why I'm bringing this latest commissioned piece to life on canvas. It totally fascinates me.

I've done some interesting things lately. Like spending Thursday in Reston Town Center drawing. Hopefully, I'll have a chance to catch up.

This coming Sunday, October 4 is the MPA Artfest, from 10am-4pm at McLean Central Park, McLean, VA. I will be under a tent with my (yet to be picked) work . I hope to see you there. I have one incredible boatload of work to do before then. Wish me luck.

Also... and I know this comes first ... First Friday at the Artists' Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suites D&G, Great Falls, VA ... is this coming Friday, October 2, 7-9pm.

"Waiting", watercolor, copyright Jill Banks 2009. (This piece will be at MPA Artfest.)

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: