Monday, September 7, 2009

"Sarah" Drawing of the Day and the Grand National 2009


My daughter, Sarah, sat for me today. I'm "practicing" drawing in anticipation of teaching my drawing class next week through the Great Falls Foundation for the Arts. I spend most of my time painting, and draw more during vacations or sketching out ideas for portrait commissions. So, I get a little rusty at holding a charcoal pencil.

My still life painting class Fall session starts tomorrow at 9:30 am. I'm scoping out my house for set-ups and then will head to the grocery to find some more subjects. Get more information on my classes on my web site: www.jillbanks.com.

I found out this past week that "Sunflowers II" is accepted into the American Artists Professional League's 81st Grand National Exhibition 2009 that will be held at the Salmagundi Club (47 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY) in New York City from November 3 through November 13. This is my first time applying to this juried show ... and second time this year at the Salmagundi Club. The name of the exhibit, The Grand National Exhibition 2009, sounds pretty impressive. I'll give more details closer to exhibit time.

"Sarah", black and terra cotta charcoal on paper, copyright Jill Banks 2009.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

1 comment:

halfbakd said...

She's beautiful! I had a great time seeing you last Friday. It was a great show.