Thursday, September 10, 2009

"Arance, Oranges" Finished



I should never say what I'm going to do the next day -- because inevitably I change my mind. Yesterday, I decided to finish this painting of oranges from a Florence, Italy market. (Instead of writing the post I told you I'd do the day before.) I thought that finishing "Arance" meant filling in the blank areas, that much of it was complete as is. But no. I worked on just about every inch in a 12 hour painting marathon. A little lunch. A very, very late dinner. At least I'm thinner.

I wanted to finish this one for a competition application that needed to go in the mail. So, after I painted it, I photographed it, downloaded that to my desktop computer, burned a CD, filled out my application, got it ready to mail. Read and answered email. Ate dinner. Life as an Artist, epitomized.

"Arance, Oranges", 24"h x 36"w, oil on Senso linen, copyright Jill Banks 2009. This is the latest painting in my market series. See more on my web site and on this blog by clicking on older posts.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: