Friday, June 1, 2012

Accepted into MPA Artfest and Studio Look

My space at the Artists' Atelier
I have about six minutes to type and post. If it isn't finished by then, check back ... on my blog ... for more typing.

Accepted into MPA Artfest 2012
I'm not sure exactly what year this outdoor juried annual event is on, but I've been in all but one of them ... and look forward to Sunday, October 14 when you'll find my art under a tent in McLean Central Park (McLean, VA) once again. It's a real treat, although a LOT of work getting ready for this 10am-5pm single-day event. More to come, closer to the date.

View 2
Pretty Studio
Randy and I took down the "Out & About" Exhibit ... and used pieces from the show to make my studio at the Artists' Atelier, the working studio I share with 12 other artists, pretty spectacular. My goal, other than wanting the art to shine in my spot, was to get it ready for a head shot photo (of me) for an upcoming article in the Connection Newspaper. The focus is on the Visiting Resident Torpedo Factory Artist Program. (I'll be one of the studio artists there in Alexandria, VA for the month of August.)

Come see the studio (the Artists' Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA 22066) during open hours, Saturdays, noon to 4pm and by appointment.

Many, many photos later and we have a head shot.

Delivery Tomorrow
Now that my "Out & About" exhibit has come down, I'll be making a delivery tomorrow to a new collector who purchased "Cars and Coffee" and "The Olive Seller."  Should be fun!

Battle of the Camera and Me in Progress
Exhibits and Events
May 20-June 23, Wayne Plein Air Exhibition 2012, one of 34 artists juried to participate in a plein air competition and exhibit in and around Wayne, PA (May 15-19). Gala Preview and Artists' Reception, Saturday, May 19, 6-10pm at the Wayne Art Center. Exhibition to follow May 20-June 23 at the Wayne Art Center.  Eight pieces for purchase/on exhibit.

August, Visiting Resident Studio Artist, Torpedo Factory, 105 N. Union St., Alexandria, VA, Studio #333

Sunday, October 14, MPA Artfest Outdoor Juried Arts Festival, McLean Central Park, McLean, VA

Saturday and Sunday, October 20&21, Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, 10am-5pm, visit artists in their studios throughout Great Falls on a self-guided tour. I’ll be at the Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA 22066


Web: www.jillbanks.com
 Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project

Email
Phone: 703.403.7435
To a New Home:"The Olive Seller," oil, 18"h x 24"w by Jill Banks
To a New Home:"Cars and Coffee," oil, 16"h x 20"w, Jill Banks


No comments: