Thursday, June 21, 2012

Resting...

Too Pooped to Paint


I'm not my usual gung-ho self. Perhaps it's a bug, or my body is in rebellion ... but for the last four days, I think a snail would beat me in a race. If I try to do something, I inevitably end up on the couch taking a nap. Since napping is not conducive to creating paintings to post, my blog's been a bit silent of late. (Sorry about that.) I have spent some time (still minimal) working at setting up a new web site to eventually replace my current site ... but that doesn't give you much to look at. Sitting at the computer takes less energy than standing at the easel, though -- so at least I'm getting a little accomplished.

Given a lack of painting activity, I decided to reprise some of my resting-ish paintings.  From top to bottom:
  • "Livia," oil, 36"h x 30"w, private collection. Won Best in Show at artReston 2010. 
  • "Benched," oil, 9" x 12", available.
  • "After John Singer Sargent's 'Repose'," oil, 24"x 30"




Hopefully, I'll be back to posting and painting soon enough. Now, back to that nap.

Exhibits and Events
May 20-June 30, Wayne Plein Air Exhibition 2012, one of 34 artists juried to participate in a plein air competition and exhibit in and around Wayne, PA (May 15-19). Gala Preview and Artists' Reception, Saturday, May 19, 6-10pm at the Wayne Art Center. Exhibition to follow May 20-June 23 at the Wayne Art Center.  Eight pieces for purchase/on exhibit.

August, Visiting Resident Studio Artist, Torpedo Factory, 105 N. Union St., Alexandria, VA, Studio #333

August 1-10, "Quiet" in Salmagundi Club's Annual Photography and Graphics Exhibition held at Denise Bibro Fine Art, Chelsea, NYC.

Sunday, October 14, MPA Artfest Outdoor Juried Arts Festival, McLean Central Park, McLean, VA

Saturday and Sunday, October 20&21, Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, 10am-5pm, visit artists in their studios throughout Great Falls on a self-guided tour. I’ll be at the Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA 22066

Web: www.jillbanks.com
 Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project

Email
Phone: 703.403.7435



No comments: