Tuesday, June 5, 2012

"Pie In The Sky Pizzeria": From Wayne Plein Air

"Pie In The Sky Pizzeria," oil, 20"h x 16"w, ©Jill Banks 2012
I painted this on the last day of the Wayne Plein Air competition. I had my eye on this building for a few days and knew it's what would be on my canvas on Saturday's paint in Wayne day.

The name of the pizzeria is Pie In The Sky. That appealed to me.

As I stood there painting, I got a history lesson as well. One of my visitors told me that this used to be a bakery. His mom would clean it and he and his brother helped. Their reward was a biscuit from the bakery -- the best biscuits in the world.  (Hopefully, the facts are right.  I half listen while painting.)

Exhibits and Events
May 20-June 23, Wayne Plein Air Exhibition 2012, one of 34 artists juried to participate in a plein air competition and exhibit in and around Wayne, PA (May 15-19). Gala Preview and Artists' Reception, Saturday, May 19, 6-10pm at the Wayne Art Center. Exhibition to follow May 20-June 23 at the Wayne Art Center.  Eight pieces for purchase/on exhibit.

August, Visiting Resident Studio Artist, Torpedo Factory, 105 N. Union St., Alexandria, VA, Studio #333

Sunday, October 14, MPA Artfest Outdoor Juried Arts Festival, McLean Central Park, McLean, VA

Saturday and Sunday, October 20&21, Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, 10am-5pm, visit artists in their studios throughout Great Falls on a self-guided tour. I’ll be at the Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA 22066

Web: www.jillbanks.com
 Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project

Email
Phone: 703.403.7435

1 comment:

Jerry Stocks said...

Great painting!!! I'm in summer school and having to paint architecture. This would have been a good one for me.