Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I Added Some Lilies...

"Osage-Oranges, Lilies and Purple" work in progress, 24"h x 18"w, oil by Jill Banks
After my Still Life class, I went shopping at Safeway ... to buy some flowers (and collect some new Fall leaves) to help me complete this painting. (And I'm not done yet.) Lilies got added to the mix. Grapes were covered up. My new Fall leaves curled while I watched. I have a least another day of painting if not more. This one is challenging because I've started and stopped multiple times and my subjects are not still in the slightest.

Class Time
Yesterday and today, I looked around at the paintings up on the easels scattered throughout the classroom and felt proud. Each week -- progress is being made. Someone learns how to progress through the painting more easily, to apply paint better, see more clearly, or discover their own signature. There's a lot happening right before my eyes. What's equally great is how supportive each of them are of one another. They are in awe of each others' grapes (or honey jar or geese...).


Exhibits & Events
Expressions Portrait Exhibit at ArtSpace Herndon, November 1 through 27. Reception and awards, November 5, 7pm. "Tranquility" was chosen as one of the finalists. 750 Center Street, Herndon, VA.

The Art League's October All-Media Membership Exhibit,  105 N. Union St., Alexandria, VA. My charcoal drawing of "Oscar" was juried in and will be on view through November 7. "Cubanelle and Roses" is in the Bin Gallery.

American Artists Professional League 83rd Grand National,Salmagundi Club, 47 Fifth Avenue, NYC, Nov. 1-11. "Alan" was juried into the show.

To read more about the 100 Faces in 100 Days project on my web site (www.jillbanks.com), go to the 100 Faces Project Pages 1 and 2 where you can see all 100 of my volunteers. Click on the paintings, and go to my blog post for that person's sitting.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 1 (faces 1-54): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 2 (faces 55-100): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project_2.html
Email

No comments: