Thursday, November 17, 2011

Treasury of Art This Weekend ... and Happy Birthday, Dad!

We were helping my Dad celebrate catching up to my Mom's age this evening. For a long time ... as a kid, I thought Mom was a lot older vs. six months, thanks to my Dad rounding up her years ... and rounding down his ... as in she's approaching x and I'm just past y. I finally figured it out, but not before writing a picture book about myself in 2nd Grade that probably made my teacher really wonder about Mom, the older woman.

A special treat for the night was that son Sam was in town (on business) to help his Papa celebrate.

I found out today that three of my pieces are juried into the Vienna Arts Society's Treasury of Art Show by juror Jonathan Linton. There you'll see "Barn Dance," "Shalonda," and "JJ."

The Treasury of Art is the largest art show of the year in Vienna, VA. It's just this weekend, so:
"Shalonda," oil, 24"h x 18"w, ©Jill Banks 2011
Friday, November 18: 10am-9pm
Saturday, November 19: 10am-9pm
Sunday, November 20, Noon-4pm
at the Vienna Community Center, 120 Cherry Street,
Vienna, VA.
There's an Awards Reception Friday night, 7-9pm.

I've been off of my normal blogging schedule -- to concentrate on my 100 Faces book and finishing up a portrait commission. Sorry about that! It's a juggling act at the moment. Actually, when isn't it?

Exhibits & Events
Expressions Portrait Exhibit at ArtSpace Herndon, November 1 through 27.  "Tranquility" was chosen as one of the finalists. 750 Center Street, Herndon, VA.

Richeson 75 Animals, Birds and Wildlife Online Exhibition, November 7- December 15, 2011. "Pretty Girl Hen" was selected as one of 75 finalists viewable online at www.richeson75.com/wildlife/index.html and in a full-color catalog.

The Art League "Small Works" Exhibit, 105 N. Union Street, Alexandria, VA. "Kiwi" and "Ostrich and Polka Dots" are on view November 9-December 5. Both of them won Honorable Mentions this month!

To read more about the 100 Faces in 100 Days project on my web site (www.jillbanks.com), go to the 100 Faces Project Pages 1 and 2 where you can see all 100 of my volunteers. Click on the paintings, and go to my blog post for that person's sitting.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 1 (faces 1-54): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 2 (faces 55-100): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project_2.html
Email

No comments: