Sunday, November 20, 2011

Time to Sign It

"The Writer," oil, 24"h x 20"w, private collection
Today had two major agenda items. One: Work on my 100 Faces in 100 Days book. Two: Take a completed (according to me) portrait to my client for approval (hopefully).

I think agenda item #1 is going well. Agenda item #2 went REALLY well. She loved it -- and the three of us (my client and another family member) stared and commented on it together for about an hour. This will be a present, so I can't show it to you until later -- so instead I've included here some of the other portraits I've done previously -- of other folks.

No matter how many times I reveal a portrait, I'm still anxious about the next time. Today was no different.

I left thinking I was done ... minus the signature... and was pretty excited about that. I do, however, have some minor changes to do that I'll tackle in a week - post-Thanksgiving.  I'm still excited that my client loved it and that it's almost there.

"Jenny," oil, private collection
In case you're interested, you can look through more of my portraits in the Portrait Gallery section of my web site: www.JillBanks.com. There's also a section there on Commissioning a Portrait. Or learn how to paint or draw a portrait yourself. I teach portrait classes through the Great Falls School of Art with the Winter term starting in January. Get more info on my Classes page.

Now it's time to get back to that book.

Exhibits & Events
Expressions Portrait Exhibit at ArtSpace Herndon, November 1 through 27.  "Tranquility" was chosen as one of the finalists. 750 Center Street, Herndon, VA.

"The Patil Family," oil, private collection
Richeson 75 Animals, Birds and Wildlife Online Exhibition, November 7- December 15, 2011. "Pretty Girl Hen" was selected as one of 75 finalists viewable online at www.richeson75.com/wildlife/index.html and in a full-color catalog.

The Art League "Small Works" Exhibit, 105 N. Union Street, Alexandria, VA. "Kiwi" and "Ostrich and Polka Dots" are on view November 9-December 5. Both of them won Honorable Mentions this month!

To read more about the 100 Faces in 100 Days project on my web site (www.jillbanks.com), go to the 100 Faces Project Pages 1 and 2 where you can see all 100 of my volunteers. Click on the paintings, and go to my blog post for that person's sitting.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 1 (faces 1-54): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 2 (faces 55-100): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project_2.html
Email

No comments: