Friday, October 2, 2009

Good News! Two Paintings, Two NYC Shows in November


Yesterday, I heard word that my painting of an Italian market, "Arance, Oranges", was accepted into the Allied Artists of America 96th Annual Exhibition that will be held at the National Arts Club in Gramercy Park, NYC. Yippee! The exhibit runs November 13 to December 2 with a reception on November 29. This is very exciting. I love the National Arts Club ... and this is my first time being accepted by Allied Artists of America into their exhibit. I also think that "Arance, Oranges" is a powerful painting, so I'll be happy standing next to it at the reception. See more of my market paintings on my web site in the places and still life galleries (I'm not sure where they belong -- so check out both).

Two of my paintings will be in exhibits in New York City in the month of November. "Sunflowers II" was accepted into the American Artists Professional League's 81st Grand National Exhibition 2009 held November 3 to November 13 at the Salmagundi Club with a reception on November 8.


So, on November 13 you could see both in case you want to spend a Jill Banks' Art in NYC day.

I'm busy getting ready for Sunday's MPA Artfest, the juried outdoor arts festival held in McLean Central Park on the corner of Old Dominion Drive and Dolley Madison  Blvd. (Route 123) in McLean, VA. (Actually, I suppose I'm writing my blog post.) I set up some of the screens with artwork in the gallery at the Artists' Atelier last night. It was impossible. There are too many pieces that I really want to include ... that I'm proud of and that someone might want to buy. I probably also needed to take off my "exhibit" hat and put on a "show" hat. Perhaps it's not important how perfectly each piece complements its neighbor ... since people are unlikely to buy the whole display and place it just as I have on their walls. But, I was determined to fret anyway.

Yesterday, too, I selected frames from FrameMasters for 13 new drawings that husband Randy will be framing for Sunday's event. I'll probably give a sneak peek at some of those later today or tomorrow. They're having a sale this weekend (just in time) and we got there about 10 am yesterday to find the lights were out. So the beginning of my massive frame search began with a flashlight. Happily, lights were restored a little later.

Tonight is First Friday at the Artists' Atelier, the studio I share with 15 other artists at 1144 Walker Road, Suites D&G, Great Falls, VA. Come visit us 7-9pm and see the new show in the Gallery.

"Arance, Oranges", 24"h x 36"w, oil on linen, copyright Jill Banks 2009.
"Sunflowers II", 30"h x 30"w, oil on linen, copyright Jill Banks 2008.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

1 comment:

Nancy K said...

Congratualtions, Jill!! Arance, Oranges has been an amazing painting to watch from start through completion and most certainly merits the selection. I hope to see you in McLean on Sunday.