Thursday, October 22, 2009

Life and Another Solo Show


Life as an artist is sometimes just life. The Banks family has been huddled together for the past week, supporting each other as we deal with the impending loss of my husband Randy's mom. These times are tougher though richer. Love and admiration grows deeper. Just when I thought I couldn't love Randy more, I found out I could. To see him with his Mom and Dad is truly beautiful.

I've been touched, too, by my sister-in-law Cindy who will do anything (sometimes seemingly wacky things) to make Randy's mom and those around her more comfortable. What a warm, caring individual she is. How lucky we are she's a part of our lives.

I've been in awe, too, of my son Sam -- who at 21 has the wisdom and maturity of a (wise) 80-year-old.  He's a kind soul who's ready to face anything he needs to in order to help. He lends a strong shoulder to lean on for us all.

We're extremely blessed.

In the midst of this huddling, life as an artist went on ... just not as intensely. Randy and I hung a new solo show "Black&White and Red All Over" on Monday at Maison Du Vin, a wonderful wine store in the Great Falls Village Centre (756 Walker Road, Suite D, Great Falls, VA 22066). I added a page today to my web site so you could see some of the pieces that are included in the exhibit. Go to the home page or follow this link for more info.

"The Toast" which usually hangs in my foyer is there for you to see. It's the second of many large-scale still lifes that my Dad set up for me. "The Toast", oil on linen, 40"h x 30"w, copyright Jill Banks 2006.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: