Monday, October 12, 2009

"Queenie" Figure Drawing on Exhibit for Studio Tour


"Queenie" is one of the drawings I created awhile ago -- that I recently (as in a week and a half ago) framed in preparation for last weekend's Artfest. Since no one snatched it up then, it will be on view during this coming weekend's Great Falls Annual Studio Tour. (Saturday and Sunday, October 17&18, 10am-5pm, self-guided driving tour all around Great Falls. I'll be at the Artists' Atelier, my studio, 1144 Walker Road, Suites D&G, Great Falls, VA. Get more info at the Great Falls Studios web site: www.greatfallsstudios.com)

This is one of my favorite drawings. I really like the variation in the line work, fluidity and pose. Randy and I also picked out and put it in the perfect frame. It would be a great centerpiece for a collection of drawings. I've hung a series of drawings of different media in my master bath. Collectors of mine have turned a stairwell into a beautiful black and white gallery.

For any of you similarly inclined, I'll be featuring screens filled with drawings in charcoal, watercolor washes, red chalk, three-color chalk and ink washes during the Studio Tour weekend.

"Queenie", charcoal, 20"x16" outer mat dimension, copyright Jill Banks 2007. See my web site: www.jillbanks.com for more drawings in the gallery section.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: