Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Back to Michelle I and More on Life

My husband Randy's mom passed away peacefully yesterday morning. We're not mourning. We are celebrating her life. Randy and I brought together two beautiful families. That makes for a lot of lucky people. We've got each other.


I have been painting ... just not quite as much. Yesterday and today, I worked on "Michelle I", the painting I started this summer as practice for my public demo as part of my "On the Bright Side" solo show. I'm close to finished. I cherish every moment I get to paint. I need it.

I've also been working on a portrait commission and my Wednesday live model session painting, "Tranquility." I have big hopes for it and I really like the portrait.

I did ship "Sunflowers II' up to New York City yesterday for the American Artists Professional League's Grand National Exhibition being held at the Salmagundi Club.  That's one of two NYC shows I've been juried into for November. Since I knew it was accepted into the show, I've had it sitting on my family room mantel for the last few weeks. I miss it. It was extraordinary to live with. A spirit-lifter.

"Michelle I" work in progress, oil on linen, 24"h x 18"w, copyright Jill Banks 2009.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: