Friday, July 17, 2009

"Sunflowers and Gladioli" Painting Day Four


More progress after two more days of work. I'll be moving on to a different painting today. "Sunflowers and Gladioli" will be tied ... in my head anyway ... to the great experiences related to my "On the Bright Side" exhibit at the Great Falls Library. The reception is tomorrow, Saturday, July 18, 3-6pm at 9830 Georgetown Pike, Great Falls, VA 22066. That's more to celebrate. I'll bring this painting there along with my demo painting of Michelle.

I added a quarter to the top of the sculpture stand in my painting. That's homage to a Richard Schmid painting I saw and loved at the Salmagundi Club last month. While the subject appears to be the "Sunflowers and Gladioli" -- its really about my career at this point in time. Lots of "hidden" messages in this one.

There was a nice write-up in this week's Great Falls Connection about last week's demo on page 4. You can download a pdf of the print version at www.connectionnewspapers.com, click on print version, click on Great Falls.

Maybe I'll see you tomorrow!

Jill

"Sunflowers and Gladioli" work in progress, oil on linen, 30"h x 24"h, copyright Jill Banks 2009.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: