Tuesday, July 21, 2009

"Seeing Red" Daisies and Geranium Painting


Today after my still life class I worked on this piece ... from my summer class first-day demo. While 24 of my pieces are hanging at the Great Falls Library through August 31 as part of my "On the Bright Side" solo show, I need to pull together 3-4 pieces for an Invitational Still Life Show being held at Herndon ArtSpace August 4-30th. (I was invited.) Logistics get complicated.

I'm honored to be part of the ArtSpace exhibit. It's called Still Life Poetry and it features the work of Trisha Adams, Jill Banks (me), Vicki Blum, Petra Gerber, Robert Johnson (who just won the American Art Collectors Magazine Award of Excellence in Oil Painters of America National), Virginia Johnson, Tricia Ratliff, Patty Rice, Kurt Schwartz, Henry Wingate and Jordan Xu. I bet it will be an exceptional exhibit. I will be finishing "Seeing Red" (this one) and probably including "Peonies" (which I love) and maybe "Gelato Shop" or finishing "Sunflowers and Gladioli" as my third entry. We'll see. There are only so many days between entry for that show and today -- with a few balancing acts inbetween. Herndon ArtSpace is located at 750 Center Street,Herndon, VA 20170. Phone: 703-956-6590. The Opening Reception for the show is Saturday, August 8th, 7-9pm.

Plus, go see my exhibit at the Great Falls Library, 9830 Georgetown Pike, Great Falls, VA. Plus, visit my studio, 1144 Walker Road, Suites D&G, open Saturdays, noon -4pm, and the First Friday of every month, 7-9pm. See the logistical challenge?

I'm still working on and off on my multiple "Michelles". Check back later.

Nancy Keane, an artist and student in my still life class is working on an amazing painting in progress that I'll be posting in the next day or two. (It's really wonderful.) Check back.

Check back. The theme of the day today.

"Seeing Red" work in progress, oil on linen, 20"h x 20"w, copyright Jill Banks 2009. See more of my still life work on my web site and throughout my blog. See the latest and older posts.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: