Saturday, July 4, 2009

"Daisies" Painting Today ... And Happy 4th!


I "sort of" started this painting of daisies last night during the First Friday Open House at the Artists' Atelier (a regular event, the First Friday of every month, 7-9pm). It's not possible to paint much and talk to guests, but I had fun trying. I worked on it for a couple hours today and will do more tomorrow. I've made fun of Michela Mansuino, my next door studiomate for complaining about her still life plants and flowers "moving" -- but now I've noticed it for myself. Lots of changes, then shadows change and petals curl up.

This painting is an unusual and fun size, 12"h x 4"w. I'd put together the vase of flowers at home, cutting them from the garden. It was intended to decorate the house, but then I thought of this canvas and the two seemed perfect for each other.

"Daisies" almost done, oil on canvas, 12"h x 4"w, copyright Jill Banks 2009.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: