Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Still Life Class Demo: Daisies and Geranium Painting




Today was the first day of my Summer Still Life class (that I teach through the Great Falls Foundation for the Arts), and my demo was this painting of daisies and a geranium on a red cloth. I set up two still lifes so that some of my continuing students could paint if they wanted. It was tough to decide which one to paint. This one will be appropriately named "Seeing Red". I've shown it in two stages: Stage 1 was three hours into it ... Stage 2 is with about 3.5 more hours. I do have more to do -- so hopefully I can work on it a little tomorrow in addition to my portrait work. Now, it's quitting time for the day.

You're also welcome to come to a demo I'm giving this coming Saturday, July 11, 1-4pm at the Great Falls Library (9830 Georgetown Pike, Great Falls, VA 22066) in conjunction with my "On the Bright Side" exhibit. Please rsvp (by email) to me for that event at jillbanks1@aol.com.

"Seeing Red" Work in Progress, Stages 1 and 2, oil on Senso linen, 20"h x 20"w, copyright Jill Banks 2009.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: