Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Great Falls Studios "Fresh Perspectives" Show





I'm thinking that this is the last show I'll be hanging for Great Falls Studios in my position as Exhibit Chair (actually co-Exhibit Chair with Walt Lawrence) -- so its being given a little more fanfare. Here is part of it in pictures. Please go visit it in person if you can -- that's much better! Sales are made by contacting the individual artists. Part of the proceeds are donated to Friends of the Great Falls Library. I always think the last show's the best. I think that about this one.


My entries are "Deli Italiano," a nocturne, and "Mom" -- a quick oil sketch I did of Mom when she sat for a session during the portrait class I teach through Great Falls Studios. More on those two in another post -- but see top photo, this post. For now, here are some photos taken of the show today.

The "Fresh Perspectives" show may be seen at the Great Falls Library, 9830 Georgetown Pike, Great Falls, VA 22066. (703) 757-8560. Open Monday to Thursday, 10am-9pm; Friday 10am-6pm; Saturday 10am-5pm. The exhibit ends December 31.

No comments: