Thursday, December 11, 2008

L'Auberge Chez Francois Paintings



Yesterday, Randy and I went to L'Auberge Chez Francois in Great Falls, VA to celebrate my birthday. We had a great dinner as usual, finished with a chocolate souffle. I collected plenty of ideas for new restaurant paintings -- but thought I'd share two I've already painted of this spot. The first, "The Celebration", 30"h x 40"w, depicts friends and fellow artist (photographer) Walt Lawrence, his wife Maria and sister-in-law Bernie enjoying an anniversary and birthday celebration themselves. This painting is in Walt and Maria's collection (so not for sale), but it is a good example of the non-traditional portraits I'm doing. The second painting is another scene from L'Auberge. It will be included in my display this weekend at the Great Falls Studios Annual Holiday Art Show and Sale at 10201 Colvin Run Road, Great Falls, VA. The Show is on Saturday and Sunday, December 13 & 14, 10am-5pm both days.

2 comments:

Peggi Habets Studio said...

I've been reading through your blog and enjoying your paintings. Wonderful figurative work. When I came upon this post I had to stop and comment. My husband used to live in your area and Chez Francois was our favorite little place to go. Your painting caputred the intimate, warm setting of that place and brought back some wonderful memories.

Jill Banks said...

Peggi,
I'll be revisiting this setting ... based on my birthday visit. L'Auberge Chez Francois is obviously a favorite of mine, too!
Jill