Monday, December 1, 2008

The Coffee Cup Show




I dropped off my painting yesterday at the Conscious Bean, the coffee shop right near my studio and stopped off today to see the show hung. Jennifer Duncan, friend and fellow studiomate and artist, curated the show and Great Falls Studios artists certainly embraced the theme. Our instructions were to produce a piece incorporating a coffee cup sized at 12" x 12". I've shown you my entry: "Pumpkin Pie" and thought you'd enjoy a glimpse of some of the other entries. The exhibit will be up for December and January. The Conscious Bean, 10123 Colvin Run Rd.
Great Falls, VA 22066. (703) 757-2326. The bottom photo is of Meredith Ledford's whimsical take on the coffee mug. For me, the exhibit exemplifies how independently and creatively artists tackle a "problem." Imagination is a wonderful thing.

No comments: